Sunday, August 21, 2011

What is a good fitness bar to eat after a workout?

My workout routine usually consists of running 1.5 miles and doing different types of weight training. I wanting to lose 10-12 pounds that I have put on after entering college, but this has been a very hard task for me thus far. So...I'm looking for a good fitness bar to eat after I workout to help me with my weight loss process. Thanks for any advice.|||Askmen.com recommends Cliff bars. There are multiple varieties, including high-protein (although what you need most for recovery are carbs to restore muscle glycogen).





http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness_top鈥?/a>





Askmen.com also rates chocolate milk as the #1 recovery food, if taken soon after the conclusion of the workout.





As for me, I stick to a homemade shake with water and soy milk, protein powder, fruit, raw cocoa, brewer's yeast, and flax meal.|||I agree with this user. Cliff bars are a great way to go. They even have other options other than bars and they actually taste pretty good.

Report Abuse


|||The best fitness bars that I know of that you can buy after workouts are Myoplex bars. I used to do intense training workout sessions and whenever the session was over the trainer would give us either a Myoplex shake or Myoplex bar depending on the intensity of the workout.|||Cliff is a good natural one, but their are usually eaten before workouts to give you energy.





here is a website to go to and check out.|||Any of them are good as long as they are high in protein and low in carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment