Sunday, August 21, 2011

What level of fitness is required before you start taking Tai Kwan Do?

I'm just begining to get in shape, and I've got a long way to go. How in shape do you have to be to be able to keep up in a beginner's Tai Kwan Do class? What fitness "landmarks" should I be able to reach to be successful?|||Note: It's spelt Tae Kwon Do. (The guy who reposted first claiming to be a black belt should have noticed that).





You don't have to be of any particular standard to start TKD. The training will make you fit. The more you train, the fitter you get. It's all about going at your own pace and reaching your own goals, not someone elses.





Go to the frequentlly asked questions part at www.tagb.biz if you have any questions. If in doubt, speak to your local TKD instructor.|||As everyone is telling you, you start where you are and build fitness and skill together. You'll do great. You can find more resources at http://www.tkdlouisville.com

Report Abuse


|||There is no requirement for starting out. As you progress in rank, you will likely get more fit if you take your training seriously and put your heart into it.





Don't worry about goals, just do what you do and it will come naturally. Keep up the good work.|||I am about to test for my next belt. I was at a 170 lbs. And now I am at 167 lbs. so i lost 3 lbs. Which is the best thing for me.





I know how you feel. I started Taekwondo at a early age about 5 or 6 and I have been in it on and off in my life.





So, dont feel bad. I go to class 5 days a week. So, i know how you feel.





My instructor knew my plan for Martial arts. And he felt that it was right for me. My doctor also thinks so.|||they start u out as a white belt. you dont have to be in the greatest shape to do tai kwan do|||you just have to be able to run without stopping sweat streach and kick things and punch aswell but take it from me you should join mkg martial arts its the best|||it starts out very slow but as you gradually improve you stimina will most likely follwo if you have a good school. i have seen some bad schools that promote people for no reason.|||You could be a big fat blob when you start, thats why they call you a beginner. If you take it seriously you will practice outside of classes and work out as well, this helps you lose weight and build muscle. Or you could be a freaking Bruce Lee clone and start and you will probably learn quicker because your body wont be as awkward.





I started Martial Arts at 5'5'' 200lbs and got myself down to 120 within the first year. I took it seriously, I practiced on the regular and I was a happier healthier person.|||I'd start right into it. It will help you get into shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment