Friday, September 16, 2011

How to be a good sales person when selling fitness apparel?

I just got a job at a store that sells well known guys and girls fitness clothes.. All the clothes are tight, all the sales people seem to be females. I don't know what to do to sell, flirt with the males? What if they want my number how do u reject them.. I dont know what to do|||Dear Sarah,





Never flirt or use false tactics... it will eventually land you into trouble.





Here's how to close many sales:





1. Always be prepared with a number of questions. Who ever is asking the questions will always maintain control of the conversation.





2. When the customer asked you a question always answer honestly and follow it up with another question. AGAIN - Who ever is asking the questions maintains control of the conversation.





When they give you an idea of what they are looking for and ask you a tricky question like "Does it come in Red?" do not reply with "I'll have a look for you.! Always respond with a question like... "Would you like one in red?" As this type of question will help you close the sale.





I recommend reading a sales book by Top Hopkins as he is one of the planets greatest salesmen. He took me from making an average income to being the top salesman in my field at the time.





I think his website is tom hopkins dot com but don鈥檛 quote me on that.





Good luck and I hope you knock them dead with all your sales.|||I would ask if people come in to buy fitness clothes what sport or activity they are into and try to match them clothing and accessories to work for that. If they are a runner-great running shorts, if they place high action sports or aerobics maybe something that wicks moisture well and keeps them cool, I would just try to look into what they do and research what would fit what they need along with what a lot of people buy say for a certain sport to wear, what sells well and is popular. Also you can flirt-esp. if you get commission lol j/k but you can tell them that you can't give that out at work or maybe be secretive about it. But hope this helps :-)|||flirt with no one.





if you want to sell be Professional not personal.





keep those simple rules:


1. never obsequious.


2. always focus on the product and their value to the customer.


3. be assertive. go to the point.


4. always apply human dignity.


5. always put yourself in the shoes of the customer. imagine you are him.


6. always see your self selling the most.


7. you are number 1 seller !





good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment