Friday, September 23, 2011

What do you think of walking for fitness?

Lots of people walk for fitness - brisk cardiovascular walks. Do you think you need to do anything else to stay fit and strong and confident? I think walking rocks.|||I try to walk as often as I can. Usually walk about 4-5 miles at a time, averaging about 3-4 mph. Have managed to get stuck out in the open in heavy rain a few times. Besides that and occasional wildlife encounters, I agree that it rocks.|||walking is good if you want to stay in the minimal fit area. if you get in the gym a little bit it would help out a lot.|||Brisk walking can be a good starting place.. it kind of depends on your current fitness level and goals though.





If you don't break a sweat or get out of breath, it's not the best choice for fitness.





I won't say "don't walk" of course because it certainly is good for you, but I will say that you probably need to add more stuff to your regime. Swimming or weights or yoga or soccer, etc.|||I lost 5kg in a month by just walking, I made no change to my diet.|||Walking is a great way to stay in shape. It helps you heart stay active, builds muscle in your legs, and burns fat. You can add arm strengthening by carrying 3-5lb dumb bells as you walk. Swing your arms in motion and let the weights carry you with each step. But walking will only do good if you are walking for 30 minutes each time at a fast pace. Start off at 30 minutes and build it up to an hour. Then change it from time to distance. 2 miles first then as many as you can walk in 1 hour. Once you walk 3 miles in 1 hour, then reduce the time to 45 mins. I did and dropped 10 lbs in a week. Don't let a plateau in weight loss affect you. Change up the routine by changing the route you walk. Different time of day can affect it as well. Listen to music and drink water as you walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment