Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I get started becoming a personal trainer or group fitness instructor?

Ok, so my goal is to eventually become a Zumba instructor %26amp; personal trainer. I just want to know where to start... someone told me I need to get certified as a group fitness instructor first, I don't really know, should I go to college first and get some kind of degree, is that necessary, where do I start?|||You should become certified as a group fitness instructor if you want to teach Zumba (I believe this is their requirement - at least it was when I went through their training.) There are several organizations that you can get a certification through such as SCW fitness, ACE, AFAA and many others - but those are just the ones I'm certified with. Those organizations also offer their own "personal training" certifications, but the NPTI (National Personal Trainers institute) is recommended by many organizations for the best of the best in what you will learn for the money.





You can go to college and obtain a degree is physiotherapy - but this is a long and arduous process.|||Start with some basic college-level courses in anatomy %26amp; physiology.


A university-level counselor can advise you on specific courses or a major course of study.


AND get some advice from a current "Zumba" (whatever THAT is!) instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment